Webmin module

G. Armour Van Horn vanhorn at whidbey.com
Wed Apr 29 00:32:26 IST 2009

I've long been a big WebMin fan, so I was pleased to note on the MS
download page a link to a MailScanner module. I immediately grabbed it.
It told me MailScanner wasn't running.

I went to the configuration, which was all blank, and added the things I
could be confident of, but I'm not sure I dare use this for anything
yet. Here's what I've got:

Full path to MailScanner program : /usr/sbin/MailScanner
Full path and filename of MailScanner config file :
/etc/MailScanner/MailScanner.conf
Full path to the MailScanner bin directory =BLANK=
Full path and filename for the MailScanner pid file :
/var/run/MailScanner.pid
Command to start MailScanner     Just run server (selected)
Command to stop MailScanner

Once I entered that much, the module now thinks MS is running, and "Edit
MailScanner Config File" does call up the right file.

System is CentOS 4.7, still running MS 4.57.6 but it will be upgraded to
the current stable tonight. (Yes, it has been running nicely for over
three years.)

So what should I have in there as the MS bin directory?

I usually start and stop MS with
    service MailScanner start|stop|restart
Or rather more accurately, I normally don't touch that, but that's what
I'd use if I had to. What should go in those last two lines?

Van

Sign up now for Quotes of the Day, a handful of quotations
on a theme delivered every morning.
Enlightenment! Daily, for free!
mailto:twisted at whidbey.com?subject=Subscribe_QOTD

For photography, web design, hosting, and maintenance,
visit Van's home page: http://www.domainvanhorn.com/van/