Maximum Processing Attempts

Jonas Akrouh Larsen jonas at vrt.dk
Tue Apr 28 12:03:31 IST 2009

> Unfortunately none of them participated in the recent discussion.

I was one of those who pushed for this feature originally. We don’t really
run a high volume service as such. (only around 10k mails scanned per day)

Still this feature will help a lot when a crash/problem does occur with a
mail.

As somebody else just said, it can take a long time to track down precisely
which mail is causing the problem, while your queue starts to clime until u
stop ur smtp server.

On topic: Its fine either way for me if its left on or off by default, as
long as I know its there.

However I do not see any good reason to disable it by default?

As have been said, those who run high enough volume/loads for it to be a
factor will be looking into tweaking in any case, so they should find this
option automatically and turn it off if they so desire.

As long as its described in the conf and or on the wiki, I don’t see why it
should be turned off by default.

That’s just my 5 cents.

Med venlig hilsen / Best regards

Jonas Akrouh Larsen