'Local' MailScanner config file?

Nigel Kendrick support-lists at petdoctors.co.uk
Mon Apr 27 09:45:55 IST 2009

Hi Folks,

I look after 6 servers running MailScanner and the config for all of them is
pretty much the same except for a few site-specific specific parameters. It
would make admin a tad easier if I could keep MailScanner.conf generic, but
have site-specific elements to override the generic settings in, say,
MailScanner-local.conf. For example, one thing I do occasionally is
re-enable the forwarding of spam to a mailbox for checking and it would be
handy to upload a revised MailScanner.conf to all servers rather than have
to go edit the files every time.

As far as I can tell, local configs are not supported - yet!? Julian - nice
weekend project if this wet weather keeps up!?

Cheers

Nigel Kendrick
IT Associate
Pet Doctors Ltd