Preventing multple signatures in email conversation?

Kai Schaetzl maillists at conactive.com
Sat Apr 25 21:31:26 IST 2009

Drew Marshall wrote on Sat, 25 Apr 2009 16:56:59 +0100:

> The only
> client I know of that provides a 'Reply with out quoting' option

This is something different. A good client removes the signature from the
full quote (not the whole quote ;-). Mine does it and I remember that
Outlook Express did it as well. As long as you just take what you get as a
given you will get broken programs. Complain to the manufacturer if you
want a change in the program you use. Yes, it matters.

> Sadly the world I live in is full
> of Microsoft Outlook users who hit reply and start typing, no snipping
> and all top posting.

You can still refrain from that yourself. That cuts the whole thing
*extremely* well. e.g. if you just quote their last answer and snip what
they quote *they* don't have a chance to build up a pile of quoted text.
You are not forced in any way to "requote" their quote.

> Well, in my world, MailScanner adds them and no one takes them away so
> I suppose the point of 'blame' should be MailScanner.

Wrong. The issue occurs no matter which way you add the signature, be that
client or gateway (=MailScanner) or manually.

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany