Problem with Postfix and 4.76.1[67] - was Re: Found nn messages in the processing-messages database

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu Apr 23 22:07:56 IST 2009

Mark Sapiro wrote:

>I then tried installing MailScanner 4.76.17-1, but that seems to have
>some other problem in that it is not picking up new messages from
>Postfix at all. Postfix receives messages and puts them in the Hold
>queue, and they just stay there. MailScanner doesn't pick them up and
>doesn't log anything.

I don't know enough about the whole process to come up with a patch,
but it looks like there are two issues with Postfix.pm

in sub new,

  $this->{HDFileRegexp} = '^([\\dA-F]+)$';

doesn't allow for the leading 'P'.

in sub HDFileName

needs I think to be something like

Either that, or just add the 'P' to the beginning of the entropy
fragment (after the '.') instead of to the beginning of the id.

I think I'll try this latter change:

        my $id = 'P' . $idtemp . '.' . PostfixKey($file);

becomes instead

        my $id = $idtemp . '.' . 'P' . PostfixKey($file);