Potential issue with docx format and Clam

Jeff A. Earickson jaearick at colby.edu
Mon Apr 20 13:09:12 IST 2009

Julian,

I'm forwarding along a note from our support desk people, who seem to
have uncovered an issue with Office 2007/2008 docx file formats and
the ClamAV recursion level.  In my case, I am running MS 4.75.9-2 with

ClamAVmodule Maximum Recursion Level = 8

Adam's detective work below suggests that this setting may be too low
for Office 2007/2008 docx attachments.  Anybody else seen this?

(Time for me to upgrade to the latest stable version, or the latest beta).

Jeff Earickson
Colby College