Found nn messages in the processing-messages database

Kai Schaetzl maillists at conactive.com
Mon Apr 20 11:31:20 IST 2009

Julian Field wrote on Mon, 20 Apr 2009 10:08:05 +0100:

> No, for everything with Postfix. It will just mean a change in algorithm
> to produce the 5-digit key, no change in logging, data stored or
> anything else.

Julian, I would be grateful if you could provide the direct use of the
postfix ids as an option. I'm not seeing any reason to use them on my
setups, they do not repeat over a long time. Where are those setups that
"need" it? In mailing list postings from 5 years ago? I'm still waiting
that someone raises his hand and says "yes, it repeats for us at least
daily".

And I don't see how changing the algorithm for the five-letter-word would
solve the problem with the processing database.

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany