How to Remove X-headers

Glenn glenn at mail.txwes.edu
Tue Apr 7 20:21:13 IST 2009

I finally got back to this a few days ago.  Took the opportunity to build a
new mail gateway using Red Hat EL5, Sendmail, milter-greylist, ClamAV and
MailScanner 4.75.9-2.  Everything works great, so I'm about ready to try
removing some X-headers.  Only one question -- would removing all X-headers
mess up MailScanner?  After all, MailScanner does put some X-headers in,
right?  We do have a downstream server running MailScanner (unnecessarily
now), but I'm mainly concerned with the gateway server itself.

I suppose Exchange 2003 might rely on some X-headers coming through.  If
anyone can think of some, do tell.  Thanks.   -Glenn.