MailScanner, CentOS 5 and perl-IO & perl-File-Temp

Kai Schaetzl maillists at conactive.com
Sat Apr 4 08:31:29 IST 2009

Craig White wrote on Fri, 03 Apr 2009 14:56:52 -0700:

> that doesn't seem right Kai...

sure it does. I didn't say MS doesn't require perl-MIME-tools. I said it
doesn't require the perl modules coming with it in the tarball. Everything
what is needed can be installed from the CentOS repos and rpmforge. These
do not create problems with the base perl package. You installed the perl
-MIME-tools from the tarball and that packaging doesn't fit CentOS and
requires these packages, although they are already part of the base perl
package. The one I have doesn't.

d01:~ rpm -q perl-MIME-tools
perl-MIME-tools-5.420-2.el5.rf

Kai