Improvements to install.sh ?

Denis Beauchemin Denis.Beauchemin at USherbrooke.ca
Mon Sep 29 14:41:35 IST 2008

Steve Campbell a écrit :

> Andrew MacLachlan wrote:
>> Martin.Hepworth wrote:
>>> Log would indeed be handy, sometimes my scroll-back isn't big enough
>>> to spot any issues.
>>>

>> Try logsave - It's a great utility for capturing output.
>> http://linux.die.net/man/8/logsave
>>

>> -Andy
>>

> Martin,
>
> I found the man page easily enough, but saw no place to get whatever I
> needed to install/load/copy logsave from.
>
> Any help?
>
> Steve Campbell

Steve,

I don't know logsave, but all Linux distros I know come with "script".
Before installing anything I do "script install.$(date +%Y%m%d)" to
start a log file with the current date, then I run the install script
and then I hit Ctrl-D (or type exit) to stop logging.  I then peruse the
output to make sure I didn't miss any error.

Denis

--
   _
  °v°   Denis Beauchemin, analyste