Problem with mailscanner form out of nowhere

Jonas Akrouh Larsen jonas at vrt.dk
Sun Sep 28 21:23:39 IST 2008

--debug --debug-sa is the same except more output.

MailScanner -V didn’t report any missing modules or any errors.

I went ahead and upgraded mailscanner to the newest stable (4.71.10) which didn’t help anything. I was on 4.71.7 before that.

MailScanner --lint didn’t cause any problems.

The solution though was as I suspected to remove 3 mails from the queue. Now it appears to run ok.

Although it’s a bit troublesome that MailScanner wasn’t able to report any meaningfull error.

I have saved the 3 trouble mails and if I get time im gonna look and test them tomorrow on my other scanners.

They are all spam mails so no worries about them not being delivered.

But its gonna be interesting to see if they can crash my other 2 scanners as well.

I will try and report back my findings.

Have a nice Sunday ya'll.

Jonas A. Larsen