Multiple confusions on my part.

Steve Campbell campbell at cnpapers.com
Fri Sep 26 17:21:59 IST 2008

Thanks Martin and Julian;

I'm still seeing the DNSBL-A, junk in the debug output, but I can keep
digging for that.

I never knew where all those DNSBL checks came from, so that was a big
help Martin.

The new init script seem to work. I tried stopping, starting, reloading
and anything else I could think of and the only problem I found was that
when I did a stop, my phone rang! :-)

So thanks every one for the help.

Steve

Julian Field wrote:
> Try the attached replacement for
> /etc/rc.d/init.d/MailScanner.
> You will obviously need to unzip it first! :-)
>
> Jules.
>
> Julian Field wrote:
>>

>> Steve Campbell wrote:
>>> I've started seeing multiple timeouts with Spamassassin, and posted
>>> earlier about this. I got some good advice, and tried running some
>>> of the recommendations.
>>>
>>> Some of the problems I'm seeing :
>>>
>>> When I run MailScanner --debug --debug-sa
>>>
>>> I get some of the following errors that I can't figure out
>>>
>>> 08:59:37 [31687] dbg: async: starting: DNSBL-TXT,
>>> dns:TXT:241.235.4.69.bl.spamco
>>> p.net. (timeout 15.0s, min 3.0s)
>>> 08:59:37 [31687] dbg: async: starting: DNSBL-A,
>>> dns:A:embarrassedrabbit.com.rhsb