CentOs YUM Update?

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Thu Sep 25 19:52:12 IST 2008

on 9-25-2008 11:34 AM mmcintosh Infowall spake the following:
> Hello All,
>
> I am planning on running a YUM Update on my Centos 5.2 system I have
> read on this list that there can be problems with perl modules that are
> incompatible with MailScanner so was wondering if anyone had a list of
> what I should not update or what versions I should be running. Below is
> my MailScanner -v.

The problem is the new perl update overwrites or chokes on the newer modules
installed by mailscanner. When you try the update, the new perl update will
fail and list the modules it conflicts with.
Rpm -e those, update, and re-install MailScanner to re-install those modules
and you should be all set.

I am planning to upgrade mine this weekend when the mail won't be missed for a
few hours during the upgrade and cleanup.

--
MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and