MailScanner and Microsoft Office 2007 Documents

Michael H. Martel martelm at quark.vsc.edu
Wed Sep 24 18:23:04 IST 2008

Greetings!

I think I know the answer to this, but I figure I'll ask anyway.  We're
running MailScanner 4.71.10-1 on CentOS 4.7.  Been working great for quite
a while. Today, one of the auditors (dang auditors, they cause all the
problems) sent a MS Word 2007 document to my CFO.  MailScanner looked at it
and saw an embedded .emf file.  So MailScanner said, nope and stripped the
docx file out.  Which is what it's supposed to do!!

So, short of allowing emf files, which I could do, is there a way to tell
MailScanner not to treat docx files as archives ?  I'm not even sure that I
want that, but ....

Thanks!

Michael