OT: awstats on yum repository

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Thu Sep 18 16:22:45 IST 2008

on 9-18-2008 1:44 AM Julian Field spake the following:

> Scott Silva wrote:
>> on 9-10-2008 11:01 PM Hugo van der Kooij spake the following:

>>> The wrapper is there as a convenience. Not all dependencies of the
>>> MailScanner packages are done automatically. So every dependency I noted
>>>  that was not taken care of in the MailScanner package has been added to
>>> the wrapper.
>>>
>>> If you have no need for the wrapper, that's fine by me.
>>>
>>> Hugo.
>> I probably didn't need the wrapper since this machine had mailscanner
>> installed already. Definitely would be needed on a fresh install from
>> the wrapper.
>> I think this is great if you have time to keep it up. Once you get it
>> automated, it probably doesn't take too long to keep it going.
>>
>> Too bad Julian doesn't map his easy install rpm tarball to a fixed
>> symlink. Then it could probably run on autopilot for months at a time.
> I could do that easily enough for you. How about
> install-Clam-SA-latest.tar.gz?
>
> Jules

Since Hugo wants to keep a "hands on" approach, I guess it isn't necessary.
But maybe others would like it.

I'm moving my servers exclusively to CentOS 5 by the end of the year, so I
will probably use Hugo's repo for now. It may only save me 10 minutes or so,
but 10 more minutes free is a good thing IMHO.

--
MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and