Free virusscanner

'Jonas Akrouh Larsen' jonas at vrt.dk
Tue Sep 16 15:31:22 IST 2008

Hi List

As some of you may know Bitdefender used to have a 100% free edition of
their product for linux. Sometimes in 2006 they changed their policy though.

You can get a license here:
http://www.bitdefender.com/site/Products/ScannerLicense/

And the actual download can be found here:
http://download.bitdefender.com/SMB/Workstation_Security_and_Management/BitD
efender_Antivirus_Scanner_for_Unices/Unix/Current/EN/Version_7.x/Linux/

I looked into getting bitdefender working about a year ago but could not
find the right url's. So I thought I would send a quick post if others had
been wondering too.

The license is valid for home/private use, so  it's a no go for businesses
if they want to stay legit.

Maybe somebody could update the wiki with this info.