clamd DoS?

Kevin Miller Kevin_Miller at ci.juneau.ak.us
Mon Sep 15 23:35:45 IST 2008

Hugo van der Kooij wrote:
> So if you can do this on a plain file with just ClamAV as a factor I
> would think you have all the stuff that is needed to report a bug with
> the ClamAV team.
>
> If that is the case would you be kind enough to report the bug to the
> ClamAV team?

I started doing that, then did some more testing.
On my Debian box, with clamav 0.90.1/8228 it spins.  On my SUSE boxes,
it comes back reporting Trojan.Agent-49371 with no CPU delay.  Perhaps
it's only a problem w/clamav 90.1?

My main mail server (SUSE) is running .94/8251
The other SUSE box I tested is running 88.4/8251 (I know, badly out of
date but there's a bug w/the compiler and a newer clamav won't compile.
The box is slated for a rebuild RSN.)

Given that it's an older version of clamav, a bug report would probably
be rather untimely.  It may however, be useful for others here to know
so they can upgrade if the version of clamav they're running is
affected...

...Kevin
155 South Seward Street     ph: (907) 586-0242
Juneau, Alaska 99801        fax: (907 586-4500