Error with EMTPY_MESSAGE

Jason Ede J.Ede at birchenallhowden.co.uk
Mon Sep 15 08:26:53 IST 2008

From: mailscanner-bounces at lists.mailscanner.info [mailscanner-bounces at lists.mailscanner.info] On Behalf Of Alex Broens [ms-list at alexb.ch]
Sent: 14 September 2008 20:41
To: MailScanner discussion
Subject: Re: Error with EMTPY_MESSAGE

On 9/14/2008 9:19 PM, Hugo van der Kooij wrote:

> Hugo van der Kooij wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> It seems to me that SA is flagging just about any message as EMPTY_MESSAGE.
>>
>> Is anyone else seeing this too?
>
> Right. During compilation I noticed a warning about my language
> settings. My default is set to LANG=en_US.UTF-8
>
> Could this be relevant?

Mine is also:

LANG=en_US.UTF-8

I'm now collecting infected msgs BEFORE MailScanner touches/sees them.
Hope to find some which don't get detected and give you guys 100%
pristine Q files.

Alex

I've noticed a CentOS 5.2 box seems to catch less spam than an existing FC7 box but so far I've failed to find anything obviously wrong or that is obviously being missed. Its langauge setting is LANG=en_US

Has anyone tried removing and recompiling perl and then doing a comparison to see if it solves the issue?

Jason