Error with EMTPY_MESSAGE

Alex Broens ms-list at alexb.ch
Sun Sep 14 18:00:32 IST 2008

On 9/14/2008 5:29 PM, Glenn Steen wrote:
> 2008/9/14 Alex Broens <ms-list at alexb.ch>:

>>> Yes, it very much could.
>>> Then again, I'm not sure exactly what is happening... I suspect even
>>> Jules is a tad baffled here:-).

>>> Pretty much writing MailScanner for a singel thread....;-). IMO it's
>>> not that easily separable. Much easier to just ... put some serious
>>> debug "breakpoints" and printouts at various stages, then running a
>>> single batch with a singel queue file.
>>> Which is pretty much what I did on my systems.

>>> On my systems it did just work, with or without debug code. With Alex
>>> "bad" files.
>>> One thing I noted about the quarantined messages on Alex box was that
>>> they all lacked the message file... Similar infections on my box all
>>> have trhe expected message, zip-file and executable in the quarantine
>>> dir. So this is an easy thing to look for, for all youfollowing this
>>> thread. If you have virus quarantine directories lacking the message
>>> file (provided you do as Alex and I, and don't quarantine the complete
>>> queue file!), then you probably suffer from the attachment exploding
>>> problem.
>>> If you do, it would be interresting to see if it is, as I suspect,
>>> solely a CentOS 5.2 (or RHEL) problem.
>> I can quarantine the whole file.. I thought I was....
>> what have I done wrong?
>>
>> Alex
>>
> MailWatch demands that it gets quarantined as the RFC822-decoded file,
> not the queue file. Since your spam quarantine contained that, I drew
> that conclusion... is all;)

ya jumped to conclusions a bit too fast?  :-)

I was storing in Q file format to do the debugging
- test box - no real users behind it - just a trap feed for a little BL
I contribute to .-)

> Nothing wrong, so to speak, apart from the message exploding thing.
I didn't make them explode right.. yes... aaaaaaaaaaaall my fault.

more beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer, less bugs!

Alex