Error with EMTPY_MESSAGE

Hugo van der Kooij hvdkooij at vanderkooij.org
Sat Sep 13 22:06:02 IST 2008

Glenn Steen wrote:
> 2008/9/13 Hugo van der Kooij <hvdkooij at vanderkooij.org>:
>>
>> Glenn Steen wrote:

>>> Can I get a sample, please? Send it off-list.
>>> Do you do milters? Which milters? Version of postfix?
>> I use postfix 2.3.2 as it is the normal shipped package for Centos 5.
>>
>> Hugo.
>>
> Just to give a little update:
>
> I've received queue files from Jules and Alex B. I've fed these
> through both a testbed and our current production .... And they simply
> worked as expected(!)... The zip-file they included got unpacked
> nicely, the filename _and_ filetype got it into the quarantine, as
> well as all my AVs firing like mad:-).
> This was on a Mandriva 2008.1 running perl 5.10.0 with MailScanner
> 4.71.10 ... latest stable and beta are essentially the same, so ...
>
> I'm leaning toward this being related to CentOS 5.2, possibly the
> relevant perl modules.

It seems you are using the perl interface to ClamAV and not clamd or
anything else. That would at least have an impact on how things are
called and how they are parsed in part.

> Further than that is pretty hard for me to check, since I cannot
> reproduce the problem.

If you can setup a Centos 5 virtual machine you could give it a spin.
See if it is something obvious we are all overlooking.

Hugo.

- --