Update bad phishing sites fails

Matt spamlists at coders.co.uk
Fri Sep 12 14:38:21 IST 2008

Martin.Hepworth wrote:
> I wonder why it's putting it in the quarantine area and will we have to do this over the weekend..

It always puts it in the quarantine area - that is a guaranteed
writeable area for MailScanner.

The update fails safe - only if it successfully updates will it
overwrite the file.  Creating the blank file makes the updates work but
you will no longer have the basefile for the day.  The updates during
the day are diffs against the basefile.  You will currently have a very
small file if you have create the base file manually.

<couldn't possibly comment>

I believe it was caused by a network issue - the base file has been
pushed out so this should restore the file for those of you who manually
created the file and stop the errors for those you who haven't.

More error checking is needed which is being looked at as we speak.

</couldn't possibly comment>

matt