Is MailScanner affected by the Redhat bug

Richard Frovarp richard.frovarp at sendit.nodak.edu
Tue Sep 9 14:43:44 IST 2008

ram wrote:
> Redhat & Centos distros seem to have a performance issue with perl
> http://blog.vipul.net/2008/08/24/redhat-perl-what-a-tragedy/
>

> I have all my servers running MailScanner on Centos. Is MailScanner
> greatly affected by the Bug ?
> Should I upgrade perl on my machines  ?
>

> Thanks
> Ram

It would appear that as far as anyone can tell, the systems aren't
affected by the bug in a significant manner. Someone on the SA list did
say he applied the fix to his CentOS box, and didn't notice any SA
improvement. If you test that bug, it gets really nasty after 50,000
iterations. As others have said, if it is affecting MS/SA, other
latencies are probably covering it up at this moment.