ClamAV 0.94

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Mon Sep 8 19:09:36 IST 2008

on 9-8-2008 7:42 AM Jose Julian Buda spake the following:
> Hi , I have a mail server with :
> Debian etch
> Postfix
> Mailscanner
> Clamav
>
> Yesterday it work fine catching virus, but todat  i've made an upgrade
> from clamav 0.93 to 0.94 and then
> the process stop catching mail with virus, i mean , the mails are stoped
> anyway by "No programs allowed" with mailscanner because of the
> extensions file, but there is not any message or report from "ClamAv".
>
> I have a txt file with eicar string , if i run on server:
>
> cat filewitheicar.txt | mail jbuda at noticiasargentinas.com
>
> the mail pass through the mailscanner and the workstation's antivirus
> alert me abourt the eicar strings.
>
> Why the mailscanner stop using clamav?
>
> Thank you any help about this.
>
> Sorry about my english
>
> Jose Julian Buda
There is a problem with mailscanner and the 0.94 clamscan. There is a patch
floating on the mailing list, or you can load the next beta, which might have
the patch in it.

Or better yet, run clamd and use it. It is much faster, and has a lower system
load.

--
MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and