Using Spamd rather than the SpamAssassin Library

Drew Marshall drew.marshall at technologytiger.net
Sat Sep 6 13:19:12 IST 2008

On 5 Sep 2008, at 23:04, Matt Hampton wrote:

> Drew Marshall wrote:
>>
>> Well I for one thought I would give it a go but I have bumped into
>> this error:
>>
>> Can't call method "execute" on an undefined value at /usr/local/lib/
>> MailScanner/MailScanner/SA.pm line 615.
>>
> Thanks for trying!

No problem!

> I should have said in my previous email that you need to delete your
> spamassasin cache

That fixed it! Thanks

> Of course you also need a working Spamd installation ;-)

LOL naturally

> I start mine with
>
> /usr/bin/spamd -d -l -m10 -r /var/run/spamd.pid -q -x -u nobody
>

> And I have use SQL for my AWL and Bayes.

I have not really played with AWL as it used to not tidy it's self up
like bayes does. Perhaps I'll give it another look...

Thanks, nice bit of code. Seems to be working well. I'll see what
Monday brings when things load up a bit more.

Drew

--
In line with our policy, this message has been scanned for viruses and dangerous
 content by Technology Tiger's Mail Launder system <www.mail-launder.com>

Technology Tiger Limited is registered in Scotland with registration number: 310997
Registered Office 55-57 West High Street Inverurie AB51 3QQ