ClamAV error: Invalid function CL_SCAN_PHISHING_DOMAINLIST

Nigel Kendrick support-lists at petdoctors.co.uk
Mon Sep 1 12:57:55 IST 2008

-----Original Message-----
From: mailscanner-bounces at lists.mailscanner.info
[mailto:mailscanner-bounces at lists.mailscanner.info] On Behalf Of Julian
Field
Sent: Friday, August 15, 2008 2:20 PM
To: MailScanner discussion
Subject: Re: ClamAV error: Invalid function CL_SCAN_PHISHING_DOMAINLIST

Nigel Kendrick wrote:
> Just noticed ClamAV throwing the following error into Maillog:
>
> Aug 15 13:17:39 woking MailScanner[6082]: Commercial virus checker failed
> with real error: Invalid function CL_SCAN_PHISHING_DOMAINLIST at
> /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/i386-linux-thread-multi/Mail/ClamAV.pm line
> 120.
>
> In have re-installed using Jules' ClamAV/SpamAssassin bundle, done a
> freshcalm and restarted MailScanner and still getting the same. Can't find
> much in the way of notes about this...!?

Did the "make test" phase of building the Mail::ClamAV module succeed?

Jules

Hi Jules,

Just back from holiday and picking this one up. Yes, the "make test" runs
fine.

I have come across this comment but not sure what to make of it (or what to
do)...

http://kobesearch.cpan.org/htdocs/Mail-ClamAV/Mail/ClamAV.pm.html#CL_SCAN_PH
ISHING_DOMAINLIST

"CL_SCAN_PHISHING_DOMAINLIST

    With a minor version bump clamav development team removed this and broke
backwards compatibility, so it is no longer supported in this module as of
0.22."

That's the version (0.22) of Mail::ClamAV I am running on the affected
server - but it's also that version on servers working OK?

Confused!?