"Remove These Headers" in MailScanner.conf

Jerry gesbbb at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 30 21:12:36 GMT 2008

On Thu, 30 Oct 2008 15:46:11 +0000
"Martin.Hepworth" <martinh at solidstatelogic.com> wrote:

>Not sure about the read/delivery reciept stuff in there. A lot of
>people like to spam themselves with this stuff....I know it's a bad
>idea along with OoO replies but 'user's who need educating may take a
>dim view.
>
>What do other folk think?

Personally, unless I was setting the server up for my exclusive use, I
would not want to block any of those headers by default. I am sick of
software making arbitrary decisions on what I should or should not view
or do. Unless it is a security problem, the sanitizing of email
headers, content, etc should be left up to the end user. Offering the
user the tools to do so is fine as long as they are not turned on by
default.

Case in point, at one time, perhaps even now, Google was blocking ZIP
files that contained 'exe' files. They were also blocking encrypted
files too. It did not take me long before I realized that I did not
need a Nazi censoring my mail.

Just my 2¢.

--
Jerry
gesbbb at yahoo.com

It's possible that the whole purpose of your life is to serve
as a warning to others.