OT - GreetPause question

Brendan Pirie bpirie at rma.edu
Tue Oct 28 13:41:07 GMT 2008

Steve,

I haven't used this feature in the access.db myself, but the sendmail
documentation for 8.13.8 includes examples of this:

                If FEATURE(`access_db') is enabled, an access database
                lookup with the GreetPause tag is done using client
                hostname, domain, IP address, or subnet to determine the
                pause time:

                        GreetPause:my.domain    0
                        GreetPause:example.com  5000
                        GreetPause:10.1.2       2000
                        GreetPause:127.0.0.1    0

which strongly suggest what you're doing "should" work.

HTH,

Brendan