database is locked(5) at dbdimp.c line 402

Alvaro Marín alvaro at hostalia.com
Tue Oct 28 08:46:12 GMT 2008

Julian Field escribió:
> I find I only get that error when the database file is corrupt. Deleting
> the SpamAssassin cache file in /var/spool/MailScanner/incoming always
> fixed it for me.

But when this error appears, there are cache hits too (by other MS's
processes) and when the server's load downs, the error disappears and
all runs fine.
It seems that some MailScanner processes want to write to the database
and it's locked by other, so decreasing the timeout, it won't write the
hash to db but it won't wait for 30secs.

Regards,

--
Alvaro Marín Illera
Hostalia Internet