Spam Action Rules

Steve Hitchman srhitch at mecheng1.uwaterloo.ca
Wed Oct 22 18:13:38 IST 2008

Gentlemen,

I am having trouble with my upgrade from 4.56.8 to 4.67.6 on FreeBSD. I was
using a ruleset for Spam Actions and High Scoring Spam Actions. In version
4.56.8 the way to mark the header as spam was to use the:

Spam Header = X-Spam-Status: Yes-%org-name%-MailScanner-SpamCheck:

In 4.67.6 the "X-Spam-Status: Yes" is inserted via the Action Rules such as:

Spam Actions = deliver header "X-Spam-Status: Yes"

For some reason when I leave it in the original form I get an extra "-"
added to the header such as this:

This is bad as it prevents such things as .procmailrc scripts from
identifying marked spam.

Bottom line is how do I make the "X-Spam-Status: Yes" show up in the header
as well as use a filename rule for Spam Actions?

Is this acceptable?

Spam Actions =  %rules.dir%/spamactions.rules header "X-Spam-Status: Yes"

Thanks,
Steve