MS support for esets_cli

Alex Broens ms-list at alexb.ch
Tue Oct 21 22:59:27 IST 2008

On 10/21/2008 11:30 PM, Luboš Klokner wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 21, 2008 at 11:17 PM, Alex Broens <ms-list at alexb.ch> wrote:
>
>> On 10/21/2008 11:03 PM, Luboš Klokner wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I'm using esets with MS, but MS using esets_scan which is much more slower
>>> than esets_cli. esets_cli is using client-server esets architecture.
>>>
>> what license type do you have?
>>

>    I have Eset Mail Security.

afaik, most MS users deploy Esets/Nod32 File Server version which does
not support esets_cli which is why esets_scan was chosen.

Having the mail server version, I'd personally opt for running as a
milter (esets_smfi) or even esets_smtp and reject at smtp level instead
of parsing thru the slower MailScanner process.

Alex