OT Spamhaus tactics (was Spamhaus RBLs)

Jerry gesbbb at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 21 22:09:57 IST 2008

On Tue, 21 Oct 2008 17:15:14 +0100
"Anthony Cartmell" <ajcartmell at fonant.com> wrote:

>Interestingly they blocked UK-based and UK-owned servers, and legal
>action against Spamhaus for disrupting their business was mentioned by
>one server owner...

They have been threatened with legal action so many times now that I
seriously doubt that they even pay any attention to it. They are
not doing the actual blocking; but rather supplying a list of known IP
ranges from which SPAM originates. Personally, I think getting on your
ISP's case and getting them to monitor SPAM on their network and deal
with it quickly and decisively would be more appropriate. Yes,
collateral damage does occur occasionally; however that is just a fact
of life.

--
Jerry
gesbbb at yahoo.com

There are only two kinds of tequila.  Good and better.