Trouble with bayes sql

Kai Schaetzl maillists at conactive.com
Tue Oct 21 14:31:35 IST 2008

Kate Kleinschafer wrote on Tue, 21 Oct 2008 14:43:00 +1300:

> With the latest MailScanner and spamassassin do you have to set up a
> symlink in /etc/mail/spamassassin to mailscanner.cf in order for the
> bayes to be used?

Depends were you have your rules. if you have all of them in
/etc/mail/spamassassin then you don't need that symlink. (Actually, I have
to always *remove* it as I carry my own config.)

> Also do I need to make root the bayes_sql_override_username or should it
> be postfix?

It depends on what you used before or if you converted from dbm to SQL
which username you used there. Have a look at the table bayes_vars. It
should contain only one record and this will hold the username. If there's
more than one record, then you trained with different usernames.

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany