Trouble with bayes sql

Kate Kleinschafer kate at rheel.co.nz
Tue Oct 21 02:43:00 IST 2008

Hi all,

With the latest MailScanner and spamassassin do you have to set up a
symlink in /etc/mail/spamassassin to mailscanner.cf in order for the
bayes to be used?
Also do I need to make root the bayes_sql_override_username or should it
be postfix?

I have bayes setup as a mysql database - setttings are in
spamassassin.prefs.conf (as per the wiki instructions for MailScanner)

The reason I ask is because none of the bayes rules are being hit at all.
This is the settings in spamassassin.prefs.conf
bayes_store_module           Mail::SpamAssassin::BayesStore::SQL
bayes_sql_dsn                DBI:mysql:sa_bayes:box.forspam.co.nz
bayes_sql_username           username (not used anywhere else)
bayes_sql_password           thepassword
bayes_sql_override_username  root

I run spamassassin as user postfix

Thanks
Kate