query on upgrade my clamav

Mark Nienberg lists at tippingmar.com
Mon Oct 20 18:23:20 IST 2008

Benedict simon wrote:
> I have the following setup running perfectly fine on my live server
>
> centos 5
> sendmail 8.13.8-2.el5
> MailScanner 4.66.5
> clamav ver .093+ spam assassin installed from jules package
>
> i would like to upgrade my clamav n spammassasin
>
> could i jus download and install the new JUles clamav ver 0.94 + spam
> assassin package over my existing setup

No, you need to upgrade MailScanner also in order to get support for the
0.94 version of clamav.

See the changelog http://www.mailscanner.info/ChangeLog

Current thinking seems to be in favor of using clamd installed from
rpmforge packages instead of clamavmodule.

So:

Install latest beta of MailScanner.
yum install clamd from rpmforge repo (search the wiki for "clamd" for
complete instructions).
If your spamassassin is out of date, install it from Jules's easy
install package, but tell it not to install clamav.

Mark Nienberg