Spurious {Disarmed} link.

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri Oct 17 00:17:11 IST 2008

Alex Neuman van der Hans wrote:

>Or maybe they should write "proper" html! ;-P
>
>On Oct 16, 2008, at 1:29 PM, Mark Sapiro wrote:
>
>> Since this can be confusing to recipients, perhaps Mailscanner could
>> treat   as whitespace.

And just exactly what is not "proper" about

However, that's really beside the point. As I noted in the OP, that
HTML was generated by "Outspring Mail" which is a commercial 3rd party
Mac OS X MUA. I doubt the sender had much to do with the exact
generated HTML, and certainly the recipient had nothing to do with it,
but it's the recipient that sees

  MailScanner has detected a possible fraud attempt from
  "www.bawt.org" claiming to be www.bawt.org

in the received message.