A users email is getting marked as spam, sending out via mailscanner

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Tue Oct 14 16:58:21 IST 2008

on 10-14-2008 8:33 AM Mail Admin spake the following:
> Hi All
>

> One of my users, who send mail out via my MailScanner/SA/Mailwatch
> System gets there mail marked as SPAM in MS and SA.

<snip>

> I am wondering why is KAM_STOCKTIP being called.

Because the user put something in the message that hits those regex's.

> Also is there a way to while list outgoing mails? As I use the MailWatch
> SQL Database for whitelist?

You can whitelist local users but you have to be careful. If you whitelist by
domain name, you will be susceptible to spoofing. And the unpatched sql
whitelist can only whitelist one IP address at a time.

> Thanks
>
> This e-mail is intended solely for the addressee(s) and is strictly
> confidential. The unauthorised use, disclosure or copying of this
> e-mail, or any information it contains is prohibited. If you have
> received this e-mail in error, please notify us immediately and then
> permanently delete it. Although we make every effort to keep our systems
> free from viruses, you should check this e-mail and any attachments to
> it for viruses as we cannot accept any liability for viruses
> inadvertently transmitted by use.

You completely void a disclaimer like this when you post to a public list.
Maybe I shouldn't answer you, since I was not specifically addressed!
Please! No body read this on this public list because the scary disclaimer
says it is confidential!

--
MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and