clamavmodule not found

Alex Broens ms-list at alexb.ch
Mon Oct 6 14:13:16 IST 2008

On 10/6/2008 2:48 PM, Kai Schaetzl wrote:
> I want to use clamavmodule, but MS on a freshly installed setup doesn't
> find it:
> ClamAV Perl module not found, did you install it?
>
> I installed perl-ClamAV-Client.noarch 0:0.11-1.el5.rf on CentOS 5 via
> rpmforge. Is that not the correct software?

welcome to the daily headache!
On some machines (with a history)installing from Cpan isn't possible either.

clamd saved me MANY hours of debugging.

> Or is using clamd for a speedup recommended, anyway? (I haven't ever used
> it with MS.)

I'm slowly deploying clamd and haven't noticed a speed disadvantage.. it
uses way less RAM and you don't depend on the clamavmodule which has
become a regular PITA.
Convinced me.

Alex