Blocked message

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Thu Oct 2 19:30:27 IST 2008

2008/10/2 Ray Jette <rjette at mestek.com>:
> I have a message in /var/spool/MailScanner/quarantine/20081002/spam that
> I need to deliver. To deliver it could I just place a copy in
> the /var/spool/postfix/incoming directory?

It depends on whether you quarantine the queue file or the
RFC822-format message file. One is binary, the other text... MailWatch
demands the latter.
Look at the howto at
http://wiki.mailscanner.info/doku.php?id=documentation:configuration:mta:postfix:how_to:release_quarantined_mail
for the diverse options (actually more like 2.5:-).

> I am also having trouble determining why this message was blocked. I
> checked my /var/log/mail.log file and did not come up with anything. Is
> there a way to re-run the message through MailScanner to see what
> happened?
Since it is in the spam quarantine, it is likely that running SA on it
will reveal something... Or checking any BLs you have in the MS Spam
Lists setting... Or it might've been an empty sender with no
watermark. Did you grep for the queue ID,  with no hits? Do you  log
that kind of thing? I'd recommend that you take a look at MailWatch
for MailScanner, an excellent add-on:)

> Thanks.

Cheers
--