SV: Local State Dir - /var/lib/spamassassin - SARE rules no hits

Daniel Flensburg Daniel.Flensburg at iris.se
Thu Nov 27 10:13:21 GMT 2008

> SpamAssassin User State Dir = /var/spool/MailScanner/spamassassin

That setting would only work if postfix can read and write it... Can
it? It seems to revert to the default. You could
mkdir ~postfix/.spamassassin
chown postfix.postfix ~postfix/.spamassassin
or something similar (as root), to get past that problem.

postfix user can ls and create files in this dir. Strange...

> I just created the .spamassassin in the /var/spool/postfix folder and
now spamassassin does not complain.

Hm, perhaps I should start reading the whole message before giving
advice:-):-)

Content-type:...type= entry
> 0.00    HTML_MESSAGE    HTML included in message
>
> checking same message with spamassassin -D -t
/var/spool/MailScanner/quarantine/20081126/nonspam/F2F6E873B0.90E15

Content-type:...type= entry
>  1.8 SARE_SPEC_REPLICA_OBFU BODY: Rolex with obfuscated replica
>  0.3 SARE_WEOFFER           BODY: Offers Something
>  0.1 TW_HM                  BODY: Odd Letter Triples with HM
>  0.0 HTML_MESSAGE           BODY: HTML included in message
> -1.1 BAYES_05               BODY: Bayesian spam probability is 1 to 5%
>                            [score: 0.0115]
>  1.4 SARE_GIF_ATTACH        FULL: Email has a inline gif
>
> What can be the problem? I'm thinking my Apache user is perhaps
missing permissions somewhere and cannot present the right result? Could
this be the case? Look also at the differens scores 1.09/1.1 and Bayes
hit 00/05

For some reason your MS instance of SA doesn't seem to think it can do
network tests... or rather DNS-based tests.
Do you have the mailscanner.cf symlink?
Do you try "force" dns to on, or do you rely on it being detected?

I have the symlink:
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root    45 2007-02-08 10:04 mailscanner.cf ->
/opt/MailScanner/etc/spam.assassin.prefs.conf

If you mean this setting in spam.assassin.prefs.conf, then yes I "force"
dns:
# ================== Settings For SpamAssassin