Increased load

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Wed Nov 26 08:53:33 GMT 2008

2008/11/26 Rabie Van der Merwe <rvdmerwe at mhg.co.za>:

> Yip CPU utilization is defiantly up.

Well, you need be strict with it then.... Tell it to be less
defiant!!!:-):-):-)... (as if that would help:-)

Seriously though, if you are using 4.72.5 you might need the latest
Message.pm fix that Jules posted, or else you would see the children
start to loop on some specific messages... Notably, the busy
MailScanner child will report "cleaning messages" as commandline in
"ps"... and never leave that state.
Solutions would be:
- get a hold of the fixed Message.pm and drop that into place (restart
MS after that), or
- revert to 4.71, or
- wait for Jules to post a new release with the fix incorporated
(there just might be a new beta around the corner:-).

Cheers
--
-- Glenn

-- Glenn