Cannot find Socket (/tmp/clamd)

Stef Morrell stef at aoc-uk.com
Wed Nov 19 17:39:27 GMT 2008

Martin Hepworth wrote:
> 2008/11/19 Stef Morrell <stef at aoc-uk.com>:
>> Rick Duval wrote:
>>> Tailing the maillog I get
>>>
>>> Cannot find Socket (/tmp/clamd) Exiting!
>>>
>>> I'm using MailSCanner 4.68.8
>>>
>>> Can someone help me with this?
>>
>> You need to ensure that the settings in MailScanner.conf:

<snip examples from conf files>

> Stef
> and you're running clamd as what user? and is this user is
> consistent with what you've got setup in MailScanner.conf?

Martin - I'm confused. I was trying to answer Rick's question. Looks
like we pressed "send" fairly well at the same time. My setup is working
just fine :)

Seeing as you ask, I suspect clamd is running as root. I installed it
from Jules' SA+Clam then added a start stop script into /etc/rc.
Possibly not the most secure, but as I have no local users to exploit
it, I don't much care. MailScanner runs as Postfix.

Stef
--
Stefan Morrell          | Operations Director
Tel: 0845 3452820       | Alpha Omega Computers Ltd
stef at aoc-uk.com         | stef at l5net.net

Standard Disclaimer: http://www.aoc-uk.com/16.asp

Alpha Omega Computers Ltd, Unit 57, BBTC, Grange Road, Batley, WF17 6ER.
Registered in England No. 3867142.  VAT No. GB734421454