SQLWhitelist for content.scanning.rules

Kit Wong Kit at simplysites.co.uk
Fri Nov 14 10:35:27 GMT 2008

On 13/11/08 17:40, Kit Wong wrote:

> On 13/11/08 14:55, Kit Wong wrote:
>
>> Hi All
>> I was wondering whether there is a way to use&SQLWhitelist to skip
>> scanning of messages?
>>
>> I currently have to manually put it in content.scanning.rules to skip
>> scanning altogether. I have users that do not what any of their
emails
>> scanned when they send.
>>
>> In MailScanner.conf
>> Is Definitely Not Spam =&SQLWhitelist
>> Works fine
>>
>> But if I put
>> Scan Message =&SQLWhitelist
>>

> I assume your real conf file has
> Scan Messages =&SQLWhitelist
> in it, and not "Scan Message" ?
>
> And what do you mean by
>
>> It doesn't work.
>>
> Have you tried evaluating the configuration option for various
different
> addresses to see what it says? Start with "MailScanner --help" and use
> the command-line options to query the value for various different from
> addresses.
>
> Also, what did "MailScanner --lint" say?
>
>>    The rules all look the same to me!!
>> Does any have a modified pm file that will make this work>
>>
>> Kind Regards
>>
>> Kit Wong
>>

> Jules
>
> --
> Julian Field MEng CITP CEng
> www.MailScanner.info

---

> My real conf file has Scan Messages = content.scanning.rules

That's wrong, you haven't told it the directory name. It should say
Scan Messages = %rules-dir%/content.scanning.rules
> which has been working fine.
> From:<tab>127.0.0.1<tab>no

They don't need to be tabs. The only time you need tabs is in
filename.rules.conf and filetype.rules.conf.
> etc
> etc
>
> This skips any scanning from that ip.
>
> I am trying to use the MailWatch function&SQLWhitelist to skip
scanning rather than whitelist.

> When I do change it to&SQLWhitelist no messages are scanned. They all
get skipped.

> Hope this makes sense.
>
> TIA
>
> Kit

> MailScanner customisation, or any advanced system administration help?
> Contact me at Jules at Jules.FM

> PGP public key: http://www.jules.fm/julesfm.asc

> believed to be clean.

> Scanned by MailScanner.

Jules
-----snip----
Hi Julian

Sorry about this, I do have it configured as you described. What I am
trying to do is use the whitelist created within MailWatch. This is
accessed via &SQLWhitelist in the MailScanner.conf.

The whitelist works fine when its used where its supposed to be, ie
Is Definitely not spam = &SQLWhitelist

But when I use to at
Scan Messages = &SQLWhitelist
It doesn't scan any messages.

Just wondering if it is possible to not scan messages in the whitelist
rather than scanning them but never marking them as spam. (since
whitelist still gets scanned for viruses and filenames etc).

Thanks again

Kit