R: MailScanner header tags added to message body

pippo at olidata.eu pippo at olidata.eu
Wed Nov 12 10:22:57 GMT 2008

> 2008/11/11
>
> 2008/11/11  <pippo at olidata.eu>:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm working on this since some days and can't figure out
> how to solve.
> > I installed MailScanner few days ago on a Ubuntu Server 8.04 LTS +
> > Postfix. The server acts as a gateway and sends scanned mails to an
> > Exchange 2003 Server.
> > Mail flow is correct and MailScanner seems to work (at
> least it adds
> > the banner). The problem is that the various changes to message
> > headers, are not made to message headers, but:
> > - are not made at all if message is in HTML format
> > - are added on top of message body if message is in text format.
> > I could't find anything about this issue in documentation, nor in
> > Google.
> >
> > Where am I wrong ?
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> > Massimo.
> > --
> >
> > Before posting, read http://wiki.mailscanner.info/posting

> Check the Org-name setting in MailScanner.conf. Make sure
> there's no spaces or other bad characters in there ( see the
> comments above it for reasons why)
>
> --
> Martin Hepworth
> Oxford, UK

Thanks for your reply Martin. That was the first think I checked.
Only alfabetic chars, no spaces.
Googling a while, I found that it may be due to extra newline chars
on some header lines, making the client think that the header is
finished. Effectively, I found that the header tag X-OriginalArrivalTime
may have a double newline character at the end. Anyway, i don't know
how to fix it. I suppose that this tag is added by Postfix, before
putting the message on hold, but I cannot find any Postfix option
regarding this tag. Another possible fix may be instructing MS to
put its tags on top of the others instead of appending. Again I don't
know how to do it (if possible).
Any help will be very precious.

Massimo.