Releasing messages from quarantine

Steve Freegard steve.freegard at fsl.com
Tue Nov 11 17:33:13 GMT 2008

Julian Field wrote:

>>> I've found that isn't always reliable (on mailwatch 1.0.4) if there
>>> are attachments on the email. Mailwatch says that the email has been
>>> released but nothing ever seems to reach the mail queue... I think
>>> its some form of memory issue to do with PHP? If can get it working
>>> reliably would be fantastic :-D
>>>

>> Actually the problem isn't with MailWatch - but the way MailScanner
>> handles blocked attachment or file types.
>>
>> When MailScanner sends notices it uses the original Message-ID header
>> and replaces the body with the notice.

> Exactly what sort of notices are we talking about? I'm sure I can fix
> this problem, I don't remember anyone mentioning to directly to me
> before...

I've been meaning to mention it...

It's any notice that you create and keep the original Message-ID header
when you might want to release the message from quarantine later.

So I guess that could affect any of the following:

Stored Size Message Report = %report-dir%/stored.size.message.txt
Sender Size Report = %report-dir%/sender.size.report.txt
Sender Spam Report = %report-dir%/sender.spam.report.txt
Sender Spam List Report = %report-dir%/sender.spam.rbl.report.txt
Sender SpamAssassin Report = %report-dir%/sender.spam.sa.report.txt
Recipient Spam Report = %report-dir%/recipient.spam.report.txt
Recipient MCP Report = %report-dir%/recipient.mcp.report.txt
Sender MCP Report = %report-dir%/sender.mcp.report.txt

Kind regards,
Steve.