Sanesecurity sigs

René Berber r.berber at computer.org
Mon Nov 10 22:33:54 GMT 2008

Mark Nienberg wrote:

[snip]
> So I guess my questions are:
>
> Does the use of all these extra databases really improve overall spam
> detection?

Yes, plus they have a faster response time to new spam, plus is not only
spam what they catch (each database specializes in something).

> Would it make more sense to just use some of the databases? Which ones?

Depends on your objectives, needs, and you are better off if you read
about what each database does.

> Are there ever false positives?

Yes.

You should report those and, as I said, the response time is really fast.

> How often should I run the update process?

As said in http://www.sanesecurity.co.uk/clamav/usage.htm : no more than
hourly.  Once a day checking is what I use.
--
René Berber