MS 4.55.10 and Clamscan 0.90 dosen't work

Julian Field MailScanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Sun Nov 9 21:19:29 GMT 2008

Sam Przyswa wrote:
> The problem is when you force to upgrade an app to the last up-to-date
> version, perhaps not very stable, you have to upgrade lot of piece of
> software (libs) sometime not absolutely stable who make the whole system
> unstable. That's all.
>
> I will try to upgrade Clamav to the last compatible version with
> MailScanner only if I don't have to upgrade to unstable libs.

MailScanner hasn't used any new features in libraries for a long time
now, so you shouldn't have to upgrade much at all. Upgrade the absolute
minimum and see if you get away with it :-)

I believe the same applies to ClamAV, but don't take that as gospel.

Jules

--
Julian Field MEng CITP CEng

Contact me at Jules at Jules.FM