Change Recipient

shuttlebox shuttlebox at gmail.com
Sun Nov 9 14:36:02 GMT 2008

On Sun, Nov 9, 2008 at 2:36 PM,  <rob at kettle.org.uk> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> sorry if this is a dumb question but I just can't think of the answer
> (maybe having a mental block today)....
>
> is there a way in Sendmail/Mailscanner/Mailwatch to change the recipient
> based on a rule ?  ie.  if mail is from fred at bloggs.com and to
> joe at mycompany.com can I change to recipient so that joe doesn't get the
> mail but bill at mycompany does instead ?
>
> I need it to be rule based as most mail for joe needs to get through
> normally, it's only when it's from a certain sender that I want to change
> the recipient.

Yes, you can, with rulesets.

Make a ruleset for normal non-spam actions and make the default
deliver. Add your "from and to" rule with a forward to bill. That
means the original recipient will not get it since you don't have a
deliver there.

If you want it to cover spam/high scoring spam as well you of course
need to make rulesets for those too.

--
/peter