Upgraded server

Edward Dekkers edward at tdcs.com.au
Fri Nov 7 11:23:26 GMT 2008

Hey all, I just upgraded Ubuntu server 8.04 to 8.10. It completely broke
dovecot and mailscanner. Dovecot I've fixed.

My mailscanner was quite old anyway, so I removed what I think is all of it
and followed the instructions on http://www.mailscanner.info/ubuntu.html.

Now, firstly, it does seem to work. BUT there are a lot of complaints.

I'll tackle the one which comes up at every scan first:

WARNING: ignoring deprecated option -unzip

Then there's other warnings like the above for -tar, -jar. About 8 or so in
all.

I've searched all the posts in my mailscanner inbox back to 1/6/2008 -
cannot find a mention.

Can someone point me in the right direction to silence some of these
warnings?

Regards,
Ed.

believed to be clean.