"Remove These Headers" in MailScanner.conf

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Wed Nov 5 13:15:27 GMT 2008

2008/10/30 Alex Broens <ms-list at alexb.ch>:
> On 10/30/2008 4:46 PM, Martin.Hepworth wrote:
>>
>> Hmm
>>
>> Not sure about the read/delivery reciept stuff in there. A lot of
>> people like to spam themselves with this stuff....I know it's a bad
>> idea along with OoO replies but 'user's who need educating may take a
>> dim view.
>>
>> What do other folk think?
>
> Those who don't want them have already blocked them otherwise.
> Those who don't know what they man/do should keep their fingers off.
>
> I wouldn't add them to any conf file, in any way, maybe a linkto a Wiki
> article, not more.
>
> Alex

I've been removing the "tracking headers" for years (via PF header
checks). IMO they fill no discernible purpose when crossing the
administrative barrier (either going in or out). Since most of my
(actually quite knowledgeable) lusers know, none have ever
complained;-).

If MS now can do it for those MTAs that might lack that ability... is sweet:-).

Cheers
--
-- Glenn