can't quite get clamd working properly

René Berber r.berber at computer.org
Wed Nov 5 04:36:25 GMT 2008

Kate Kleinschafer wrote:

> René Berber wrote:
>> Kate Kleinschafer wrote:
>>

>>> I am getting the error Cannot find Socket (/tmp/clamd) Exiting!
>>>

>> That means you have more then one installation (of whatever is
>> "Exiting!") and the old version is the one writing that complaint (long,
>> long ago, clamd used /tmp/clamd as default name for the socket, of
>> course you could still use it with newer versions but since you showed
>> your configuration is different...)
>>
> hmmm I think I have only installed clamav once. This is a new server
> that I have built and I don't think I have it installed twice.

Sorry for the double answer, but I don't think clamav is the one doing
the complaining, it is something else (that's why I said *whatever* is
"Exiting!") which should be clear with the complete log line.

Whatever is complaining is the one that expects /tmp/clamd as a socket
name.  Do you have clamdwatch or similar?
--
René Berber